Not Safe, but Good (vol 2): Short Stories Sharpened by Faith
- Regular price
- Sale price
In C.S. Lewis's classic The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, Lucy asks if Aslan the lion is safe. It is quickly clarified that Aslan is not safe...but he is good. That concept serves as the foundation for this collection of short stories. While written from a Christian worldview, our goal isn't comfort food for Christians or G-rated stories that offer simplistic lessons. Instead, we're serving up stories sharpened by faith. Stories that will engage, challenge, entertain, and stretch the reader. These stories aren't necessarily safe...but without question, they are good.
The stories in this book--from such outstanding Chrstian writers as Jerry Jenkins, Michael Morris, Sally John, and the editor Bret Lott--are by no means safe. Like the parables of Christ, they surprise, unsettle, and even shock. They depict doubt, loss, abandonment, failure, and betrayal as well as elation and triumph. But they also deeply and meaningfully explore the human condition in relation to a God who loves us and brings us joy and hope.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Bret Lott
- About the Contributor(s) Bret Lott's novel Jewel was a New York Times bestseller and was one of the forty-six novels chosen for the original...Bret Lott's novel Jewel was a New York Times bestseller and was one of the forty-six novels chosen for the original Oprah Book Club. According to Publishers Weekly, it was the best-selling of all Oprah Book Club picks. Lott is writer-in-residence and professor of English at College of Charleston, and lives with his wife Melanie in Hanahan, South Carolina. show more
- Publish Date12/09/2011
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.