NIV, Streams in the Desert Bible, eBook: 365 Thirst-Quenching Devotions
- Regular price
- Sale price
Are you in a desert experience? Let your thirsty soul be restored and refreshed through the daily devotions in the NIV Streams in the Desert Bible.
At some point in our lives, we encounter the trials and deep mysteries of the Christian faith. And when we do become like a thirsty traveler, what we most desire is for hope, comfort, and encouragement to burst forth like a sparkling, clear river.
The hopeful daily readings in this Bible promise to revive and refresh you—one of today’s generation of faithful sojourners—by providing daily devotions in modern, easy-to-understand language that beautifully captures the timeless essence of the original. These devotionals are presented alongside Scripture using the popular New International Version of the Bible.
While the devotions in this Bible were originally written by L. B. Cowman—a pioneer missionary in Japan and China from 1901 to 1917—this devotional Bible has been edited by James Reimann. It maintains the beauty of the original Cowman writings while making the devotionals more accessible for the readers of today.
• Complete text of the clear, accessible NIV Bible
• 365 daily readings of strength and encouragement from L. B. Cowman
• Foreword by Jim Reimann
- Contributor(s)L. B. E. Cowman , Jim Reimann
- About the Contributor(s) L. B. Cowman worked as a pioneer missionary with her husband in Japan and China from 1901 to 1917, during...
L. B. Cowman worked as a pioneer missionary with her husband in Japan and China from 1901 to 1917, during which time they helped found the Oriental Missionary Society. When Mr. Cowman's poor health forced the couple to return to the United States, Mrs. Cowman turned her attention to caring for her husband until his death six years later. Out of Mrs. Cowman's experiences and heartbreak came her first book, Streams in the Desert, followed by its companion Springs in the Valley. During the next twenty-five years, Mrs. Cowman inspired several nationwide Scripture distribution campaigns and wrote seven more books. Finally, on Easter Sunday in 1960, at the age of ninety, Mrs. Cowman met face-to-face the God she had served so faithfully for nearly a century.
Jim Reimann has more than five million books in print in twelve languages, including the updated editions of Streams in the Desert and My Utmost for His Highest. He was a former retail executive and past chairman of the Christian Booksellers Association. As an ordained minister, Bible teacher, author, and expert on Israel, he hosted teaching tours of Israel and other Bible lands, which he offered through his website. www.JimReimann.comshow more
- Publish Date02/26/2013
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $9.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.