New International Encyclopedia of Bible Words
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Rich Meaning Behind the Hebrew and Greek Words of the Bible Whether you’re a pastor, a student, or simply a lover of the Bible, this book helps you get more out of God’s Word by revealing the original meanings of key biblical words. The reader-friendly, narrative style makes it easy to explore the Hebrew and Greek words that lie behind the English words. You’ll discover significant shades of meaning and nuances that bring depth to your understanding of Scripture. This highly accessible reference tool surpasses the well-known Vine’s Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words in a number of ways: • Thorough coverage of both Old and New Testaments gives you a firm grasp of the entire Bible. • The Goodrick/Kohlenberger numbering system allows for accurate identification of Hebrew and Greek words. • Top evangelical scholarship ensures current insights into the meanings of words. • Biblical concepts are fully discussed, providing you not only with understanding, but also, where appropriate, with practical and devotional insights you can apply to your life. • Entry words are taken from the NIV and the NASB—respectively, the best-selling contemporary translation and today’s most literal word-for-word translation. • Major KJV terms are cross-referenced to broaden your understanding of translational nuances and distinctions. • Four indexes include: Hebrew words, Greek words, Scripture references, and topical index. “Exceptional value . . . Clear, precise, and balanced.”—James Montgomery Boice, Pastor, Tenth Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia “A milestone in Bible study aids.”—Jerry E. White, Executive Director, The Navigators Zondervan’s Understand the Bible Reference Series This six-volume series supplies users of today’s most popular modern Bible translation, the New International Version, with scholarly, economical, and uncompromisingly evangelical study tools. It includes the New International Bible Commentary, New International Bible Dictionary, New International Bible Concordance, and New International Encyclopedia of Bible Words, New International Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties, and the New International Encyclopedia of Bible Characters.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lawrence O. Richards
- About the Contributor(s) Lawrence O. Richards wrote over 200 Christian books, including commentaries on every book of the Bible. He and his wife,...
Lawrence O. Richards wrote over 200 Christian books, including commentaries on every book of the Bible. He and his wife, Sue, also wrote the features for the bestselling Adventure Bible® and Teen Study Bible.
- Publish Date02/10/2015
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series Zondervan's Understand the Bible Reference Series
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.92 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)19.2 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 2.0(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $20.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.