My Neighbour's Faith: Islam Explained for Christians
- Regular price
- Sale price
Nowhere else in the world have both Islam and Christianity been more instrumental in shaping the history of a people and their way of life than in Africa. African Muslims and Christians have a lot in common, including kinship ties, shared languages and citizenship. Yet, despite the centuries of deep historical links and harmonious existence between the two religions, new challenges threaten this harmony. Conflicts involving Christians and Muslims in places like Sudan, Nigeria and Ivory Coast are common. These conflicts are fueled primarily by ignorance, stereotyping and prejudice, which in turn breed fear, suspicion and even hatred, in some cases leading to violence. My Neighbour’s Faith sheds light on the beliefs and teaching of Islam by addressing matters of contemporary importance to Christians and the wider non-Muslim audience. It presents the human face of Islam—the face of a close relative, a neighbour, a teacher and even a head of state—in a balanced and critical way that gives a credible view of Islam.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John Azumah
- About the Contributor(s) John Azumah holds a PhD in Islamics from the University of Birmingham, UK, and is the Director for the Centre...John Azumah holds a PhD in Islamics from the University of Birmingham, UK, and is the Director for the Centre of Islamic Studies at the London School of Theology. He has previously served as a Research Fellow with the Akrofi-Christaller Institute in Ghana. Dr. Azumah is the author of The Legacy of Arab-Islam in Africa: A Quest for Inter-Religious Dialogue (Oxford: Oneworld Publications, 2001) and has written articles on the subject in various academic journals. show more
- Publish Date09/02/2008
- Series Hippo
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.54 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.49 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.