Muzzled: From T-Ball to Terrorism--True Stories That Should Be Fiction
- Regular price
- Sale price
Sick of the total BS of rampant PC?
This brazen, furiously funny book is the antidote to today's poison of political correctness. With humor and chutzpah, attorney, commentator, and popular radio host Michael Smerconish takes on today's oversensitive culture with a collection of entertaining, outlandish anecdotes about PC gone wild-stories that are hilarious, horrifying, and unbelievably true.
Why are sports leagues handing out trophies to losers? Why are little old grandmas hired to guard 200-pound prisoners? Why are newborn babies and old men with walkers singled out at the airport while likely terrorists are ushered through security with ease?
This book shows through these absurdities that today's atmosphere of censorship and multiculturalism is paving the way for serious threats to our cultural identity and national security: "It's one thing for the forces of political correctness to muzzle our day-to-day lives here at home in the US, quite another when that same cancer metastasizes into the war on terror."
We must eradicate the PC disease. Our sanity-and our very lives-depend on it.
"Michael Smerconish talks the talk: If you say unpopular things, watch out! Using vivid examples of PC rubbish, Muzzled will lead you into a world that would terrify Rod Serling. An entertaining and provocative book."
"Reads like fiction, too bad it's true."
-Nelson DeMille, novelist, author of Night Fall and The General's Daughter
"The PC virus is out of control . . . and it's worse than you think! In this entertaining and important book, Michael Smerconish chronicles just how mindless things have gotten in politically correct America. He tells fascinating stories that will make you laugh . . . right up until the time they make you scream. Thanks to the PC crowd, we are all living in The United States of the Absurd."
-Bernard Goldberg, journalist and author of 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America, Arrogance, and Bias
"I really squirm whenever I find myself agreeing with Smerconish. (I know the feeling is mutual.) I did a lot of squirming while reading this provocative book. All true liberals and conservatives must agree with Smerconish that the PC muzzles must be removed so that people can decide based on the marketplace of ideas."
-Alan Dershowitz, Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law, Harvard and author of Preemption
"I don't often find myself on the same side of the political barricades as Michael Smerconish. But Muzzled is a witty, provocative, and timely book. Even when Michael is wrong, which is often, he draws you in and keeps you reading."
-Arianna Huffington, author of Pigs at the Trough and Fanatics and Fools
"In Muzzled, my American Blood Brother of status-quo-obliterating defiance, Michael Smerconish, once again smokes out the cockroaches of political correctness . . . Muzzled is a great title for a book that I am convinced every American school kid should read and be tested on. If a new generation doesn't grow some intellectual balls, our Once Great Nation will continue to repeat horrific mistakes and pay the price . . . Read it. Live it."
-Ted Nugent, rock star, author, television personality, and hunter extraordinaire
- Contributor(s)Michael Smerconish
- About the Contributor(s) Michael Smerconish is the Philadelphia market's premier talk radio host who is heard daily on Infinity radio's 50,000 watt WPHT,...Michael Smerconish is the Philadelphia market's premier talk radio host who is heard daily on Infinity radio's 50,000 watt WPHT, 1210AM. A popular columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News and an attorney, Smerconish also provides commentary on current events for Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC. His first book is Flying Blind: How Political Correctness Continues to Compromise Airline Safety Post 9/11. show more
- Publish Date03/13/2007
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.7 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)25.24 lb
- Dimensions 8.38(h) x 5.4(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.