Music as Medicine: Deforia Lane's Life of Music, Healing, and Faith
Deforia Lane | Rob Wilkins
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders over $30 in Continental US
Deforia Lane shares the healing power of music. Once a budding opera singer, Lane has dedicated her talent to treating hospital patients with music... Read More
Deforia Lane shares the healing power of music. Once a budding opera singer, Lane has dedicated her talent to treating hospital patients with music therapy. The results are astonishing. In the presence of Deforia's musical gifts, seriously ill people find new joy and hope. Lane is the first music therapist to receive a grant to study music's therapeutic effects on cancer patients. Thousands of patients have been inspired by her, and her success has spurred hospitals across the nation to launch music therapy programs. "Music and healing are often matters of the human spirit," says Deforia. "because of the nature of my job, I have witnessed more than a few miracles, miracles worth telling and retelling." Music as Medicine is a window into Deforia Lane's world of miracles, where the melody of one person's life has brought healing and strength to many. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Deforia Lane , Rob Wilkins
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Deforia Lane is resident director of music therapy at Ireland Cancer Center and Rainbow Babies and Children's' Hospital, part...Dr. Deforia Lane is resident director of music therapy at Ireland Cancer Center and Rainbow Babies and Children's' Hospital, part of the University Hospitals of Cleveland. Lane lives in Cleveland with her husband and two sons.
Rob Wilkins is a freelance writer who wrote "Taking the Child's Way Home" and, with various authors, seven other books. He received the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award. He lives in Etowah, NC. show more
- Publish Date02/03/1996
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.53 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)14.82 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.06(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $13.29
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.