Moving Mountains Video Study: Praying with Passion, Confidence, and Authority
- Regular price
- Sale price
In Luke 11:1, the disciples asked Jesus, "Teach us to pray!" Most of us want to know more about how prayer works. While we are used to offering up prayers, we wonder if we are praying in the most effective way or if we are approaching the throne of God in the "right" way. We ask ourselves:
- How do I listen for God?
- How do I pray for healing?
- How do I pray when I am under spiritual attack?
- How do I pray to break through strongholds of habitual sin?
- How do I pray for protection?
- How do I pray for my lost friends and family?
In this eight-session video Bible study (guide sold separately), bestselling author John Eldredge shows how we labor under the misconception that prayer is asking God to intervene instead of partnering with him to get things done. This faulty assumption leads to untold confusion and grief when we ask of God but can't sense He hears us—or even cares. Rather, Jesus says, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" (Matthew 16:19). When we operate from this position, we approach prayer with far greater confidence. We understand we have a role in making change happen and are not victims of circumstance—that we are sons and daughters of God bestowed with tremendous authority.
- There Is a Way Things Work
- The Cry of the Heart
- The Prayer of Intervention
- The Prayer of Consecration
- Listening Prayer
- Warfare Prayer
- Healing Prayer
- Holding the Heart in Unanswered Prayer
Designed for use with the Moving Mountains Video Study (sold separately).Read Less
- Contributor(s)John Eldredge
- About the Contributor(s) John Eldredge is a bestselling author, a counselor, and a teacher. He is also president of Ransomed Heart, a ministry...
John Eldredge is a bestselling author, a counselor, and a teacher. He is also president of Ransomed Heart, a ministry devoted to helping people discover the heart of God, recover their own hearts in God’s love, and learn to live in God’s kingdom. John and his wife, Stasi, live near Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Publish Date02/16/2016
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.22 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)6.61 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.6(d) inches
- Running Time01:30:00
- Price $20.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.