Models, Mentors, and Messages: Blueprints of Urban Ministry
- Regular price
- Sale price
For far too long we’ve neglected the urban mission field. Many churches have moved to the outskirts of the city for various reasons, and the urban landscape appears to be forgotten. Dr. René Rochester presents a vision for how communities can change this pattern and plant redemptive and sustainable urban ministries. Models, Mentors, and Messages takes a close look at the developmental stages of Jesus’ life, focusing on how family, his heavenly Father, the Jewish community, and neighboring nations were used to shape his holy destiny. Through the example of Jesus’ life, you will learn how to draw on your own formative years to show urban teens how to live out God’s call in their communities. The most authentic models are individuals who have wrestled through life’s challenges and learned to trust God in difficult situations, and so by empowering urban students today and showing them how to nurture one another in faith, you can help create sustainable ministries in which each generation will model for the next how to follow Jesus. The first of its kind, this book doesn’t try to force old models on the urban context, but rather teaches new ways to draw on Jesus’ teachings to help an urban, hip-hop generation live for Jesus and for one another.Read Less
- Contributor(s)René Rochester
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. René D. Rochester, EdD, is the CEO of Urban SET Inc. and the designer of PHAT STAR (Preventive Holistic...Dr. René D. Rochester, EdD, is the CEO of Urban SET Inc. and the designer of PHAT STAR (Preventive Holistic Adolescent Training: Serving Teens at Risk), a program that helps communities address the needs of at-risk teens by providing intervention strategies and resources. In 1999, René was the first African American to earn a doctorate of health education from the University of Texas at Austin. She serves as an adjunct professor at several colleges, universities, and seminaries, and she lives in Franklin, Tennessee. show more
- Publish Date07/13/2009
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $5.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.