Methodical Bible Study
- Regular price
- Sale price
Inductive study compares related Bible texts in order to let the Bible interpret itself, rather than approaching Scripture with predetermined notions of what it will say. Dr. Traina’s Methodical Bible Study was not intended to be the last word in inductive Bible study; but since its first publication in 1952, it has become a foundational text in this field. Christian colleges and seminaries have made it required reading for beginning Bible students, while many churches have used it for their lay Bible study groups. Dr. Traina summarizes its success in this comment: "If the truths of the Bible already resided in man, there would be no need for the Bible and this manual would be superfluous. But the fact is the Bible is an objective body of literature which exists because man needs to know certain truths which he himself cannot know. There are two main approaches open to the Bible student. One is deduction, which begins with generalizations and moves for their support to the particulars. By its very nature deduction tends to be subjective and prejudicial. Its opposite, induction, is objective and impartial; for it demands that one first examine the particulars of the Scriptures and that one’s conclusions be based on those particulars. Such an approach is sound because, being objective, it corresponds to the objective nature of the Scriptures." This book fills the need for a simple, practical textbook in hermeneutics. It encourages the serious Bible student to practice the best kind of hermeneutic, which allows the Word of God to speak for itself.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Robert A. Traina
- About the Contributor(s) Robert A. Traina was Thompson Professor of Biblical Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore KY. He held the STB and...Robert A. Traina was Thompson Professor of Biblical Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore KY. He held the STB and STM degrees from Biblical Seminary in New York and the PhD degree from Drew Uinversity. show more
- Publish Date01/08/2002
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.6 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)21.59 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $13.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.