May Bell's Daughter: Overcoming Personal Tragedy with God's Strength and a Mother's Love
- Regular price
- Sale price
Driving on a dark, snowy road, 17-year-old Eva Whittington's car suddenly fishtailed on an icy patch, careened through the guardrail, and flipped over twice. Hurtled into the back of the car, Eva noticed her legs splayed awkwardly on the seat―legs, she would later learn, that would never again walk.
Coming to grips with life in a wheelchair was heartrending. Broken in body and spirit, Eva struggled to make sense of her life, to find hope for her future. "Why, God, why?" she screamed heavenward. "What did I do to deserve this?"
Though no answer came then, God had blessed Eva with a mother named May Bell, who loved the Lord, heart and soul. In the months following the accident, Eva began to seek the One who so richly dwelt in her mother. As she read her Bible and prayed, pouring out all of her despair, something changed. She began to hope.
Today, Eva's story of overcoming tragedy to find purpose and joy in life is an inspiration to all. An energetic wife, mother of two preschoolers, and nationwide speaker at events such as Focus on the Family's Renewing The Heart conferences, she shares how God's strength sustains in times of trouble. Read Eva's story and grab hold of her infectious joy and hope―and let the Lord begin a new work in you, whatever circumstances you may face.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Eva Whittington-Self
- Publish Date07/15/2008
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.55 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)19.76 lb
- Dimensions 8.4(h) x 5.63(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.