Light at the Rat Pond
- Regular price
- Sale price
In May of 1970, the world of 10-soon-to-be-11-year-old Jack Hobbs and his fellow Icks is about to be changed forever by the arrival of “pure quill” Will Corben, a boy unlike any they’ve ever met. Will’s steadfast, genuine faith in God makes an indelible impression upon all who meet him. From adventures at the Rat Pond, Hoboland, and the railroad tracks, to cruising the alley and baseball games at Harper’s field, Will’s presence changes things; some of the Icks don’t like the change. And nearby, evil hides. He watches. He waits. By the end of summer, that evil will have terrorized the Icks. While the Icks are engulfed in a thrilling summer, the guilt of Kate’s haunting past taunts her, and now someone stalks her. Imminent peril looms because of what Kate’s mother calls Kate’s “deplorable indiscretion.” Kate doesn’t want to tell Jack she is responsible for his father’s murder, so she hides the truth and prepares for what’s coming alone. But no matter the cost to her, Kate will protect Jack from a relentless danger.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Richard Newberry
- About the Contributor(s) Richard Newberry is a sales consultant and Bible teacher and serves in the chaplain ministry at a St. Louis, Missouri,...
Richard Newberry is a sales consultant and Bible teacher and serves in the chaplain ministry at a St. Louis, Missouri, hospital. He and his wife, Nancy, live in St. Louis, and they have four children and seven grandchildren.show more
- Publish Date12/09/2014
- PublisherWestbow Press
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.18 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.59 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.9(d) inches
- Price $17.47
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.