Letters to God: From the Major Motion Picture
- Regular price
- Sale price
This ebook novel is inspired by the major motion picture, Letters to God, scheduled for theatrical release in spring 2010. Viewers of the film will be eager to hear more of this inspiring story. Tyler, a nine-year-old boy, is stricken with incurable brain cancer and begins to write letters to God. He turns his suffering into spiritual lessons for his widowed mother, his embittered adolescent brother, and a troubled postman. Letters to God probes some of the most important and most-often-asked questions that trouble people of faith: “Why do we suffer?” “Where is God?” “Why do godly, faithful children have to battle cancer?” This inspiring story of hope will help people from all walks work toward greater understanding of God’s presence and care.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Patrick Doughtie , John Perry
- About the Contributor(s) Before focusing his creative energies on fiction, Patrick Doughtie honed his artistic skills as a newspaperman, recording artist, and screenwriter....Before focusing his creative energies on fiction, Patrick Doughtie honed his artistic skills as a newspaperman, recording artist, and screenwriter. He was one of the youngest newspaper general managers in California when he and one of his four brothers decided to move to Nashville to pursue a music career. In 1996, after his son Tyler was born, Patrick left the late nights and long trips of the music world to start a construction business in Nashville. After his son’s death in 2005, he began his career as a screenwriter. Patrick has written five screenplays and two short-subject scripts in a variety of genres: comedy, drama, thriller, action, and a children’s story.
John Perry graduated cum laude from Vanderbilt University, with additional studies at University College, Oxford, England. Before beginning his career as an author in 1997, he was an award-winning advertising copywriter and radio producer. John has published 21 books as an author, collaborator, or ghostwriter. He is the biographer of Sgt. Alvin York, Mary Custis Lee (wife of Robert E. Lee and great granddaughter of Martha Washington), and George Washington Carver. Among other books, he has also written about the 1925 Scopes “monkey” trial (Monkey Business, with Marvin Olasky, B&H Publishing, 2005) and contemporary prison reform (God Behind Bars, Thomas Nelson, 2006). He is a two-time Gold Medallion finalist and Lincoln Prize nominee. He lives in Nashville.show more
- Publish Date03/05/2010
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $5.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.