In this six-session women’s small group Bible study, Karen Ehman provides practical, biblically based steps for letting go of the need to control.
Let’s face it: many women are wired to control. We make sure that the house is clean, the meals are prepared on time, the beds are made, the children are dressed, and everyone gets to work, school, and other activities on time. And trying to control it all is not only exhausting, but can also cause us to lose friends and sometimes, the affection of our families. It can earn wives and mothers the label of control freak and send those within our sphere of influence packing.
In this humorous, yet thought-provoking small group Bible study you’ll find the freedom and reward of living “out of control” – putting God in the rightful place he deserves in your life. Armed with relevant biblical and current examples (both to emulate and to avoid), doable ideas, new thought patterns, and practical tools to implement, this study will gently lead you out of the land of over-control and into a place of quiet trust.
- God Called and He’d Like His Job Back (16:00)
- Combating the “Me First” Mentality (20:00)
- Pursuing the Appearance of Perfection (23:00)
- Practicing the Art of Soul Control (21:00)
- When Comparisons Lead to Over-Control (23:00)
- Fixing Your Eyes on the Attitude Indicator (25:00)
This pack contains one study guide and one DVD.