- Regular price
- Sale price
- Contributor(s)Dan B. Allender, PLLC
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Dan Allender for 30 years has pioneered a unique therapy centered around his innovative theory and training in transforming betrayal, ambivalence,...
Dr. Dan Allender for 30 years has pioneered a unique therapy centered around his innovative theory and training in transforming betrayal, ambivalence, and powerlessness into faith, hope, and love. Through identifying and engaging these experiences into a personal narrative, he has seen healing occur in countless individual lives by connecting the story of the gospel to people’s universal heart wound stories.
After receiving his master of divinity from Westminster Theological Seminary, Dr. Allender earned his PhD in Counseling Psychology from Michigan State University. Dan taught in the biblical counseling department of Grace Theological Seminary for seven years (1983-1989). From 1989-1997, Dan worked as professor in the master of arts in biblical counseling program at Colorado Christian University in Denver. In 1997, Dan and a cadre of others founded The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology, training therapists, pastors, artists, and leaders to serve more effectively in twenty-first-century contexts. Dan served as president of The Seattle School from 2002-2009, and then founded The Allender Center with his wife, Becky, and Cathy Loerzel. He is currently professor of counseling psychology at The Seattle School and founder of The Allender Center, traveling and speaking extensively to present on trauma, sexual abuse recovery, love and forgiveness, intimacy, and related topics. He’s a popular podcaster, with over a million listeners on The Allender Center podcast, and the author of Healing the Wounded Heart, The Wounded Heart(over 500k sold), The Healing Path, To Be Told, and God Loves Sex, and with coauthor Dr. Tremper Longman, Intimate Allies, The Cry of the Soul, Bold Love, and Bold Purpose.show more
- Publish Date09/02/2008
- Series Leadership Library
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $2.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.