Johann Sebastian Bach
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders over $30 in Continental US
Two-and-a-half centuries after his death, the complex life of composer Johann Sebastian Bach continues to fascinate. Bach's colorful life was anc... Read More
Two-and-a-half centuries after his death, the complex life of composer Johann Sebastian Bach continues to fascinate.
Bach's colorful life was anchored in his belief that "music has been ordered by God's Spirit"?so much so that he began each composition by scrawling Jesu, juva (Jesus, help me) at the top of a blank page and concluded each with S.D.G. (short for Soli Deo Gloria, to God alone be the glory). Through the eyes of noted music and culture writer Rick Marschall, the intensely personal yet boldly public faith that earned Bach the nickname "The Fifth Evangelist" takes on fresh meaning. From a survey of Bach's family and its deep Christian roots to a behind-the-scenes look at how he crafted his masterpieces, this book paints a picture of an astonishing figure and his relationship with his God.
Marschall brings Bach's enduring music and influence to the postmodern world and to all who would draw inspiration from his relentless pursuit of divinely ordained creativity.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Rick Marschall
- About the Contributor(s) Rick Marschall has written or edited more than 60 books and many magazine articles. He has been a political cartoonist,...Rick Marschall has written or edited more than 60 books and many magazine articles. He has been a political cartoonist, newspaper columnist, magazine editor, book publisher, teacher, and lecturer.He is also President of Marschall Books, specializing in cartoon anthologies.Marschall has written many audio devotionals, and the “answer book” The Secret Revealed with Dr Jim Garlow (FaithWords, 2007). He served as Director of Product Development for Youth Specialties, a youth-ministry resource company.As a lifelong devotée of Baroque music and Bach in particular, Marschall has attended two Bach festivals in Europe; and commemorations in Augsburg, Germany, on the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther’s birth.Marschall was the 2008 recipient of Christian Writer of the Year award from the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference. He and his wife live in Swartz Creek, Michigan. show more
- Publish Date04/12/2011
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Series Christian Encounters Series
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $5.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.