Iowa Trivia: (Revised Edition)
- Regular price
- Sale price
In 2001, the Hawkeye State will celebrate its 155th anniversary of statehood. The book asks, "What legendary film star was born in Winterset in 1907?" and "What popular ice cream treat was invented in the town of Onawa in 1920?" (Answers: John Wayne; the Eskimo Pie).
This book is the who, what, when, where, why, and how of the Hawkeye State.
- Contributor(s)Janice Beck Stock , Ken Beck , Alan Beck
- About the Contributor(s) Janice Beck Stock, a graduate of Iowa State University and coauthor of A Treasury of Iowa Tales, is a homemaker...Janice Beck Stock, a graduate of Iowa State University and coauthor of A
Treasury of Iowa Tales, is a homemaker and mother of two. She lives in
Ken Beck was a features and entertainment writer for The Tennessean newspaper in Nashville from 1977 to 2008 where he wrote an entertainment Q&A column, called “Ask Ken Beck,” and answered more than 12,000 questions about TV, film and music. He also edited the paper’s Sunday Showcase entertainment magazine, which allowed him to interview hundreds of actors, musicians, writers and plain ordinary folks. The father of two grown children, Beck and his wife live in the country near Watertown, Tennessee.
Alan Beck, like his sister Janice, is a native of Iowa and an Iowa State graduate. He is an investment consultant and lives in West Des Moines, Iowa. show more
- Publish Date03/06/1996
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $0.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.