I Was Wrong: The Untold Story of the Shocking Journey from PTL Power to Prison and Beyond
- Regular price
- Sale price
The loss of Jim Bakker's empire, his money, his home, and his reputation in the two years leading up to his imprisonment in 1989 was only the beginning. In prison, he was to lose even more - his freedom, his sanity, his dignity, his confidence in his faith, and eventually even his wife. Inmate 07407-058, one-time confidant to presidents, had hit bottom. Jim Bakker was wrong about many things. Exactly what they were and how he came to confess them will surprise and inspire you. This is his story.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jim Bakker
- About the Contributor(s) Jim Bakker is a living example of the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. He has come forth from prison...Jim Bakker is a living example of the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. He has come forth from prison to a new life and compassion for lost and hurting people. Jim is now speaking at conferences and churches and working in inner-city Los Angeles assisting his son's ministry. He has spent much of his time since prison working in the inner-city ghettos, reaching out to drug addicts and the homeless, and teaching them in Bible classes.In 1998, while working at the Dream Center in Los Angeles, Jim met and married Lori Graham. Today, they are working as a team, ministering to hurting people wherever they go. Jim and Lori are two broken people whom God has put back together again and who are living testimonies of God's restoration power.Together, Jim and Lori Bakker have opened a center called 'Morning House,' a place where wounded ministers are ministered to, and where Lori conducts her reconciliation and healing services for hurt women scarred by abortion. Jim also teaches Bible classes at 'Morning House.' The Bible says, 'Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.' Psalms 30:5.Every year Jim and Lori Bakker are speaking to millions of people all over the world through their travels, television and radio, and the many books they have written. Their hearts are with the hurting, especially those in the inner cities of the world. Jim and Lori spend much of their time helping inner-city ministries from coast to coast. A native of Muskegon, Michigan, Jim is one of the pioneers of Christian television. He was the first host of The 700 Club and the first president and co-founder of the Trinity Broadcasting Network. He is the former president and founder of Heritage Village Church and Missionary Fellowship, the parent group for Heritage USA, PTL, and the Inspirational Network. He is the author of the best-selling I Was Wrong and Prosperity and the Coming Apocalypse.The theme of Jim's message is God's mercy, love, and grace. He admonishes people to love God and to love their neighbor as themselves, and that the Bible teaches the fulfillment of Christ's teaching is to bear one another's burdens.Everywhere Jim and Lori Bakker go, they are lifting up hurting people and telling them, 'If God can restore us, He will do the same for you. We serve a God of the second chance.' show more
- Publish Date10/06/1997
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.34 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)16.08 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 1.38(d) inches
- Price $15.39
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.