I Give Up Video Study: The Secret Joy of a Surrendered Life
- Regular price
- Sale price
But I don’t want to surrender!
Have you ever felt those words bubbling up so deep inside you want to shout?
It’s normal. It’s natural. It’s human to want to be in control.
But when your need for peace surpasses your desire for control, God–who truly uses all things for our good–demonstrates how much we can trust him. The very act of completely surrendering our will to his can become the one act that will change your life forever.
In this five-session video Bible study, recording artist and bestselling author Laura Story demonstrates the ironic joy found when we surrender it all to God and simply give up. Surrendering expectations and power is not a step-by-step process but a willful, daily decision worth every single ounce of effort.
Though surrender sometimes flies in the face of our instincts, hopes, and dreams, it’s never without benefit. A surrendered life includes the surprise of a truly full and satisfying existence where trust is reasonable, reconciliation is possible, and relationships can heal.
- What Is Surrender Anyway? (19:00)
- God’s Character Matters (14:00)
- Giving In and Up (10:00)
- Being Transformed (12:00)
- The Ripple Effect of Surrender (15:00)
Designed for use with the I Give Up Study Guide (9780310103875) sold separately. Streaming video is also available.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Laura Story
- About the Contributor(s) Laura Story is a wife, mother, songwriter, worship leader, author, artist, and Bible teacher. Her songs—which have won Grammys, Billboard Music Awards, and...
Laura Story is a wife, mother, songwriter, worship leader, author, artist, and Bible teacher. Her songs—which have won Grammys, Billboard Music Awards, and Dove Awards—include “Blessings,” “Mighty to Save,” and Chris Tomlin’s “Indescribable.” Laura has a master of theological studies and a doctorate in worship studies, and has served as a worship leader at Perimeter Church in Atlanta since 2005. Her greatest joy is being a wife to Martin and mother to Josie, Ben, Griffin, and Timothy.show more
- Publish Date07/30/2019
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.2 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)6.02 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Running Time01:10:00
- Price $15.00
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.