I Call Shotgun: Lessons from Dad for Navigating the Roads of Life
- Regular price
- Sale price
For fathers who long to make a positive, lasting difference in their sons’ lives, passing down a legacy of values and ideals that will help them mature into men—into true men, leaders, voices of strength and wisdom for the next generation and beyond—the challenge has become more daunting than ever. I Call Shotgun is a practical playbook designed to equip dads for this vital task, increasing our influence and deepening our father-son relationships.
Written as letters from the authors to their own sons, the book’s sixty-four bite-size chapters cover a wide range of territory, from courage and compassion to finance and faith, from peer pressure and purity to hard work and humility. The life lessons within these pages teach sons how to cultivate integrity, follow True North, avoid victimitis, hang with the wise, laugh at political correctness, train for adversity, seek God first, make no excuses, build productive habits, and much more.
Shooting from the heart, Tommy Newberry and Curt Beavers—men of faith, influencers, entrepreneurs, and battle-tested dads themselves—offer an engaging, highly personal collection of potent insights, a just-in-time antidote to the empty counterfeits that today’s culture tries to pass off as wisdom. At the end of each chapter, simple yet carefully crafted questions invite deeper conversations between dads and sons.
Relevant to any man, but especially tailored for fathers and their teen or pre-teen sons, I Call Shotgun will help you to instill character in the boys who are growing into men right before your eyes—and it might just sharpen your own character in the process.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tommy Newberry , Curt Beavers
- About the Contributor(s) Tommy Newberry is the New York Times best-selling author of The 4:8 Principle , 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life...Tommy Newberry is the New York Times best-selling author of The 4:8 Principle , 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life , and Success Is Not an Accident , and the founder of The 1% Club, a life-coaching firm equipping entrepreneurs and families to live on purpose. His clients include hundreds of small business owners as well as numerous corporate giants. Tommy lives in Atlanta with his wife, Kristin, and their three boys. Connect at tommynewberry.com.
Curt Beavers is the President of Network Support Enterprises and one of the top distributors of Juice Plus worldwide. More than dollars and cents, Curt’s overriding passion is using business as a platform for ministry. From weekly mentoring and coaching of his own leadership team, to hosting annual prayer breakfasts with over 4000 in attendance, Curt’s driving force is bringing the Gospel to the business world. An instructor with Walk thru the Bible, Curt speaks to thousands annually both inside and outside his core business. Married for 25 years and a graduate of Georgia Tech, Curt lives just outside Atlanta with his wife, Lori, and their three children. They worship at Grace Fellowship Church in Snellville, Georgia, where he also serves as an elder. show more
- Publish Date04/30/2013
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $4.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.