I AM Standing Up: True Confessions of a Total Freak of Nature
- Regular price
- Sale price
Maybe you have days when you don’t feel so good about yourself… You’re not as tall or thin as you’d like, or maybe you don’t quite fit in or you just get left out. Well, you’ll start to feel a lot better about yourself once you start reading about Luke! Luke Lang calls himself a freak of nature. He’s a grown man who is the height of an average fifth grader—but that’s not what makes him a freak. He’s also about as wide as the average Sumo wrestler (but sadly, too uncoordinated to actually compete as a Sumo wrestler!). Luke knows what it’s like to feel left out or left behind. But he’s got a great sense of humor about his life’s misadventures, and he’s sharing the hysterical stories with you, in the hopes that you’ll feel encouraged—not just because you’re not as freaky as Luke, but because you’ll see that God can do extraordinary things through people who are pretty ordinary. While you’re reading Luke’s embarrassing stories, like the time he got beat up by a girl in Karate class or the time he was fighting for his life at Boy Scout camp, you’ll learn a little about God’s love and grace, and you’ll be reminded that you were created on purpose, for a purpose.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Luke Lang
- About the Contributor(s) Luke Lang has spent much of his life standing out and feeling left out. He's a self-proclaimed "freak of nature"...
Luke Lang has spent much of his life standing out and feeling left out. He's a self-proclaimed "freak of nature" who has spent more than twenty years working with teenagers. Throughout his life, Luke has learned to accept and celebrate his weaknesses as he has come to realize that God can do extraordinary things through extremely ordinary people. He is a cartoonist, a speaker at camps and retreats, and currently volunteers in his church's youth group. Luke is married to Diana, and they live in North Carolina with their daughter Delanie, their two beagles, and Luke's extensive Pez dispenser collection.show more
- Publish Date05/26/2009
- PublisherZondervan/Youth Specialties
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $1.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.