How to Keep Your Kids on Your Team
- Regular price
- Sale price
Your kids need you!
You need look no further than the latest headlines to realize that parenting has become more difficult―and kids of every age still need engaged, involved parents. Now, more than ever, your children need you!
In this best-selling book, Dr. Charles Stanley reminds parents that their stewardship role in raising their children requires a hands-on presence. Are you interested―and participating―in their activities, or are you too busy? Do you treat their childhood crises with the importance they deserve, or are these events trivialized? Are you communicating to them your unconditional love? To keep your children on your team, Dr. Stanley asserts, you must let them know that you are on theirs.
Dr. Stanley guides you as you learn to create and maintain loving, loyal parent-child relationships, using these four main themes:
- Children are a gift from God.
- You should treat them with love and respect.
- You should hand down to them your faith, instilling in them moral values.
- You should demonstrate your own accountability to God.
By focusing on these things, you can raise confident, happy, self-controlled kids who will hold fast to the values you've taught them.
" . . . and when he is grown, he will not depart from it."
Enriched by personal anecdotes from this internationally known author, How to Keep Your Kids on Your Team is a must-have for today's Christian parents and includes a study and discussion guide at the end.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Charles F. Stanley
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Charles Stanley is the senior pastor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta, where he has served for more...
Dr. Charles Stanley is the senior pastor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta, where he has served for more than 50 years. He is a New York Times bestselling author who has written more than 70 books, including the bestselling devotional Every Day in His Presence. Dr. Stanley is the founder of In Touch Ministries. The “In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley” program is transmitted on more than 4,000 television, radio, and satellite networks and stations worldwide, in more than 75 heart languages. The award-winning In Touch devotional magazine is printed in four languages and sent to more than one million subscribers monthly. Dr. Stanley’s goal is best represented by Acts 20:24: “Life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about God's mighty kindness and love.” This is because, as he says, “It is the Word of God and the work of God that changes people’s lives.”
- Publish Date02/01/2004
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.58 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.87 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.7(d) inches
- Price $9.09
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.