How to Handle Adversity
- Regular price
- Sale price
You lost your job. Your son ran away. A loved one just died from cancer. Your best friend is getting a divorce. The list is endless.
Adversity is a reality that no one can avoid. Everyone asks why when adversity strikes. Yet Dr. Stanley contends, "As much as we all want to know the answer to the why question, it is really not the most significant question. The real question each of us needs to ask is, 'How should I respond?'"
How to Handle Adversity helps you learn to
- Ask the right questions about adversity
- Become a comfort to others
- Rediscover the faithfulness of God
- Deal with pride and weakness
- Look at adversity from God's perspective
- Glorify God in your adversity
If you are a child of God whose heart's desire is to see God glorified through you, adversity will not put you down for the count. There will be those initial moments of shock and confusion. But the man or woman who has God's perspective on this life and the life to come will always emerge victorious! ―Charles StanleyRead Less
- Contributor(s)Charles F. Stanley
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Charles Stanley is the senior pastor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta, where he has served for more...
Dr. Charles Stanley is the senior pastor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta, where he has served for more than 50 years. He is a New York Times bestselling author who has written more than 70 books, including the bestselling devotional Every Day in His Presence. Dr. Stanley is the founder of In Touch Ministries. The “In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley” program is transmitted on more than 4,000 television, radio, and satellite networks and stations worldwide, in more than 75 heart languages. The award-winning In Touch devotional magazine is printed in four languages and sent to more than one million subscribers monthly. Dr. Stanley’s goal is best represented by Acts 20:24: “Life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about God's mighty kindness and love.” This is because, as he says, “It is the Word of God and the work of God that changes people’s lives.”
- Publish Date09/03/2002
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.42 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)15.16 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.55(d) inches
- Price $9.09
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.