Hosea, Amos, Micah
- Regular price
- Sale price
Continuing a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, this completely revised edition of The Expositor’s Bible Commentary series puts world-class biblical scholarship in your hands. Based on the original twelve-volume set that has become a staple in college and seminary libraries and pastors’ studies worldwide, this new thirteen-volume edition marshals the most current evangelical scholarship and resources. The thoroughly revised features consist of: • Comprehensive introductions • Short and precise bibliographies • Detailed outlines • Insightful expositions of passages and verses • Overviews of sections of Scripture to illuminate the big picture • Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues • Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question • Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes • A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinionRead Less
- Contributor(s)M. Daniel Carroll , Thomas E. McComiskey , Tremper Longman III , David E. Garland
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. M. Daniel Carroll R.(Rodas) (PhD, University of Sheffield), is Earl S. Kalland Chair of Old Testament at Denver Seminary....Dr. M. Daniel Carroll R.(Rodas) (PhD, University of Sheffield), is Earl S. Kalland Chair of Old Testament at Denver Seminary. Prior to this appointment, he was professor of Old Testament and ethics at El Seminario Teológico Centroamericano in Guatemala City, Guatemala, where he remains an adjunct professor (Danny is half-Guatemalan). He has published Contexts for Amos: Prophetic Poetics in Latin American Perspective (T. & T. Clark) and Amos- the Prophet and His Oracles: Research on the Book of Amos (Westminster John Knox), and regularly writes for Spanish and English language journals. He has edited or co-edited seven other books, several of which deal with Old Testament social ethics. Danny serves on the editorial consulting boards of Ex Auditu, Religion & Theology (South Africa), and DavarLogos (Argentina) and is a contributing editor to Prism, the journal of Evangelicals for Social Action.
Thomas Edward McCominskey was professor of Old Testament and Semitic languages and director of the Ph.D. program at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is on the advisory council of the BioLogos Foundation, and is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament, and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
David E. Garland (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is William B. Hinson Professor of Christian Scriptures and dean for academic affairs at George W. Truett Seminary, Baylor University. He is the New Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and the author of various books and commentaries, including Mark and Colossians/Philemon in the NIV Application Commentary, and the article on Mark in the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary. He and his wife, Diana, reside in Waco, Texas.show more
- Publish Date03/07/2017
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Expositor's Bible Commentary
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.