Hoodwinked: How Intellectual Hucksters Have Hijacked American Culture
- Regular price
- Sale price
For the last century, many intellectuals and activists responsible for shaping the way we think about sex, crime, government, and even our very history have been fabricating the facts. And yet they have been published, praised, promoted, and protected by a cultural establishment that has its agendas advanced by disinformation, half-truths, and lies.
As a student of American intellectual history, Cashill has come to see that much of what is taught about the last century is not merely biased but knowingly false. A Ph.D. in American studies from Purdue, and a former Fulbright professor in France, Cashill has taught at several American universities and knows all too well the spin and dissembling of the academic world and public debate.
In this sensational and essential book, Cashill tells the stories behind the fraud and reveals an unsettling pattern of institutional and cultural deception. With wide scope and fine-point scrutiny, Hoodwinked finally and definitively exposes the intellectual elite's trumpery?from unwitting self-deception to conscious manipulation of data, from the merely false to the purely fraudulent?and is the perfect antidote for the corrosive disinformation that has poisoned our society, culture, and understanding of the world at large.
Norm Chomsky is one of America's best known public intellectuals, the nation's self-appointed conscience. And, says Arthur Schlesinger, "it has long been impossible to believe anything he says." The bigger problem is that the same?and worse?can be said for much of America's cultural elite, and Jack Cashill exposes them all.
The sexual revolution. Alfred Kinsey encouraged the sexual torture of small boys. Masters and Johnson created an imiainary heterosexual AIDS crisis. Planned Parenthood buried margaret Sanger's plan to sterilize the racially and genetically "impure."
Multiculturalism. Mumia is guilty. Alex Haley's Roots was almost pure fraud. Edward Said grew up a wealthy American, not a persecuted palestinian refugee. University of Colorado professor Ward Churchill faked his identity as Native American and much of his scholarship on genocide. And Michael Moore? He faked just about everything.
Marxism. The New York Times' Waltar Duranty won a Pulitzer for denying Stalin's holocaust. Lillian Hellman papered over the communist sabotage of Hollywood with lies. Alger Hiss and the Rosenbergs were guilty as geese.
Radical Naturalism. Rachel Carson's bogus case against DDT has killed millions needlessly. Overpopulation alarmists predicted worldwide famines before 1999 and were honored for their insights. Neo-Darwinians have been faking their proofs for a century in textbooks and getting away with it.
Hoodwinked is a powerful and devastating book that exposes the myriad lies and half-truths that America's progressive elite has used to hijack an entire culture.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jack Cashill
- About the Contributor(s) Jack Cashill has written for The WSJ, Washington Post, Weekly Standard, and regularly in the American Thinker and WorldNetDaily. Recent...Jack Cashill has written for The WSJ, Washington Post, Weekly Standard, and regularly in the American Thinker and WorldNetDaily. Recent books include Hoodwinked, Sucker Punch, and What’s The Matter With California. Jack has a Ph.D. from Purdue. show more
- Publish Date04/16/2005
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.