Hockey Tonk: The Amazing Story of the Nashville Predators
- Regular price
- Sale price
Hard-hitting, nonstop action (and that's just what happens off the ice).
Hockey is the fastest of all team sports?an emotional, exhilarating, and highly entertaining blend of speed, finesse, intensity, and bone-crunching physical impact. And the NHL's Nashville Predators are, in every respect, a team to watch. But the story leading up to, and through, the Predators' triumphant first season is every bit as exciting as the game itself.
Hockey Tonk tells of one man's dream of bringing a pro team to a city best known for its music industry. The journey from that dream to its fulfillment in an arena filled with 17,000 screaming fans is a story of vision, passion, hard work, perseverance, and commitment to long-term success. It's a story of teamwork and hard-nosed competition, both on and off the ice.
Just a few short years ago, the majority of Nashville, Tennessee, didn't know the difference between a blue line and a line dance. But now Music City has become a pro sports town, thanks to a fiercely competitive hockey team, its business-and community-minded front office, and fan support that, according to USA Today, is second to none.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Craig Leipold
- About the Contributor(s) Two years ago Craig Leipold was virtually unknown in Nashville and the professional sports arena. Today, as the majority owner...Two years ago Craig Leipold was virtually unknown in Nashville and the professional sports arena. Today, as the majority owner of the Nashville Predators, he is one of Nashville's most popular businessmen. Leipold is active in numerous civic and corporate organizations as well as several charities benefiting children. He has been named Nashville Sports Council 'Sports Person of the Year,' '1999 Father of the Year' by the Nashville Father's Day Council, and the Easter Seals 'Nashvillian of the Year' following a highly successful 1998-1999 season for the Predators. He and his wife, Helen, maintain residences in Racine, Wisconsin, and Nashville, Tennessee, and are the parents of five boys. show more
- Publish Date07/20/2010
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $7.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.