Helping Your Struggling Teenager: A Parenting Handbook on Thirty-Six Common Problems
- Regular price
- Sale price
What do you do when your teenager is in trouble? Where do you turn for dependable, expert advice? Start here.
Helping Your Struggling Teenager gives you the practical information you need as a parent on thirty-six common, critical concerns your child may face. From drug and alcohol abuse to parental divorce and premarital sex, professional Christian counselor Les Parrott gives you essential insights not only on specific issues, but also on how to offer effective help as a parent. Topics are arranged in alphabetical order. Each chapter sheds light on several vital questions:
- What does the specific struggle look like?
- Why did it happen?
- How can a counselor help?
- When should a counselor consult another professional,
- Where can he or she find additional resources?
Arranged in two sections, this book first gives you the basics of being an effective helper. Then it informs you on the different struggles of teenagers. It includes a list of Scripture verses relevant to each of the thirty-six topics covered, plus Web addresses of organizations that deal with specific problems. Helping Your Struggling Teenager organizes and condenses insights and guidance for concerned parents into one extremely useful volume. Keep it at arm's reach for the answers you need, right when you need them.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Les Parrott
- About the Contributor(s) No. 1 New York Times bestselling author and psychologist Dr. Les Parrott has been featured on Oprah, CBS This Morning, Today, CNN, Fox News, and The View, and in USA Today...
No. 1 New York Times bestselling author and psychologist Dr. Les Parrott has been featured on Oprah, CBS This Morning, Today, CNN, Fox News, and The View, and in USA Today and the New York Times. Dr. Parrott's books, often coauthored with his wife, Dr. Leslie Parrott, have sold more than three million copies and have been translated into more than thirty languages. He is the creator of three revolutionary relationship assessments: SYMBIS.com, DeepLoveAssessment.com, and Yada.com. Dr. Parrott and his wife, Leslie, live in Seattle with their two sons. Visit LesandLeslie.com.
- Publish Date12/07/2000
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.19 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)16.73 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 1.19(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $16.09
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.