Handling Difficult People: What to Do When People Try to Push Your Buttons
- Regular price
- Sale price
Let's face it, hard as we try, none of us can avoid contact with difficult people. Some people just seem to savor unnecessary and unhealthy conflict; they don't seem to be happy unless they are driving those around them crazy. Best-selling author and noted relationship expert, Dr. John Townsend, helps us better understand what makes "button pushers" act the way they do-and why they want to elicit a negative emotional and even behavioral response from us. He challenges readers to take personal responsibility and stop responding to difficult people in ways that just don't work! He then offers a whole new repertoire of responses, including specific guidance on body language and verbal scripts, which will allow us to confront and negotiate with "crazy-makers" on a brand new level.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John Townsend
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. John Townsend is a nationally known leadership consultant, psychologist, and author, selling over 10 million books, including the New York...
Dr. John Townsend is a nationally known leadership consultant, psychologist, and author, selling over 10 million books, including the New York Times bestselling Boundaries series. John founded the Townsend Institute for Leadership and Counseling and the Townsend Leadership Program. Dr. Townsend travels extensively for corporate consulting, speaking events, and to help develop leaders, their teams, and their families. John and his family live in Southern California and Texas. Visit DrTownsend.com.show more
- Publish Date04/21/2009
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.32 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)11.51 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.0(w) x 0.3(d) inches
- Price $7.69
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.