Growing Up Without Getting Lost
- Regular price
- Sale price
There was a time, not so long ago, when everything in life seemed pretty simple. You had great friends, you got along with your parents (most of the time!), and you were pretty happy with the way your life was. But suddenly, it seems like everything is changing. Your friends expect way too much from you, and often let you down. You fight with your parents more than you’d like, and they never seem to be happy with you. You just don’t understand why your life seems so chaotic now. Melissa and Sissy, the authors of this book, think they can help you figure out some of the big questions inundating your mind: • Who am I? • What do I want? • What should I do? • Who do I want to be? While they’re no longer teenagers, Melissa and Sissy remember a bit about their entry into teenage life. But more than that, they talk with girls who are a lot like you every day—girls who are feeling pressure from everyone around them, who are feeling like they’re changing in ways they don’t understand—physically, emotionally, and spiritually—and they feel like their lives are out of their own control. If you’ve ever asked yourself any of those questions above, or if you just don’t know why you feel like everything is changing and you miss the “good old days” of Barbies and board games, this book can help you understand who you are and give you hope for who you are becoming.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Melissa Trevathan , Helen Stitt Goff
- About the Contributor(s) Melissa Trevathan has been a youth director, a teacher, a retreat leader, and is now the founder and executive director...Melissa Trevathan has been a youth director, a teacher, a retreat leader, and is now the founder and executive director of Daystar Counseling Ministries in Nashville. She's worked with kids, teenagers, and adults for over 40 years. She's been a guest on TV and radio programs in the US and Canada, and cowrote two other books with Sissy Goff. When she isn't counseling, writing, or teaching seminars, she hangs out with her old English sheepdog, Molasses.
Sissy Goff has been the director of child and adolescent counseling at Daystar since 1993. She's been a guest on TV and radio programs across the US and Canada and speaks at churches, schools, youth conventions, and parenting seminars. She's written for CCM magazine and cowrote two other books with Melissa Trevathan. Sissy lives in Nashville with her little Maltese, Noel. show more
- Publish Date08/30/2009
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.