God's Words to Dream On: Bedtime Bible Stories and Prayers
- Regular price
- Sale price
Hearing Bible stories read out loud at bedtime is often a child's first introduction to spending time with God's Word—and the effects can last a lifetime. In God's Words to Dream On, bestselling author Diane Stortz (The Sweetest Story Bible) and incredible illustrator Diane Le Feyer offer a vibrant combination of story and picture with a "once upon a time" voice that stays true to God’s powerful Word.
Fifty-two stories take children ages 4–8 through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation in a way that helps young readers see God's plan from before Creation to send Jesus to make the world right again. These carefully chosen stories teach children about God’s provision, love, and strength—the perfect truths to be in their hearts as they drift off to sleep.
Ideal for birthday, baptism, and "I love you" gifts from parents, grandparents, Sunday school teachers, and godparents, God's Words to Dream On helps children understand the value of reading God's Word every day. Each engaging Bible story includes:
- A brief Bible verse called God’s Words to Dream On
- A good-night prayer related to the story called Sleepy-Time Prayer
- A short summary thought called Bedtime Blessing
God's Words to Dream On also includes ideas for establishing a good bedtime routine with your kids, tips for reading aloud, and inspiration for introducing children to the greatest Book of all.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Diane M. Stortz , Diane Le Feyer
- About the Contributor(s) Diane M. Stortz is an author and former editorial director whose heart’s desire is to “tell the next generation about...
Diane M. Stortz is an author and former editorial director whose heart’s desire is to “tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord” (Psalm 78:4). Diane’s books include Words to Dream On, The Sweetest Story Bible, I Am, I Am Devotional, Say & Pray Bible, Say & Pray Devotions, and A Woman’s Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year. Diane and her husband reside in Cincinnati, Ohio, and have two married daughters. Diane enjoys walking, gardening, and visiting her four young grandsons.
Diane Le Feyer is a French illustrator. Even as a child, she always knew that one day she would draw wonderful pictures for kids to enjoy! She also teaches students what she knows about illustration at Emile Cohl School. She's published in France, the US, the UK, Australia, Italy, and many more countries, and she’s the illustrator of a French hit children’s comic, which has sold more than a million copies. Diane is very busy with her life as a teacher, artist, mother, Star Wars enthusiast, and bad cook. She has two darling children, a loving husband, and three goldfish.show more
- Publish Date04/02/2019
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.5 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)35.98 lb
- Dimensions 8.25(h) x 7.13(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $11.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.