God in the Manger: The Miraculous Birth of Christ
- Regular price
- Sale price
Rediscover the saving truth hidden in Bethlehem's manger.
Because of the warm fuzzy ambiance and economic impact of Christmas, Dr. John MacArthur is convinced that we are missing the enormous impact of the reality behind the season. In his usual easy-to-read style, he takes us beyond the tinsel and the seasonal hype to offer us an encounter with the miracle and mystery of the birth of Christ.
- He leads us line by line through the familiar Christmas scriptures.
- He exposes common misconceptions about Jesus' birth.
- He helps us to see Mary's baby through the eyes of those who saw Him first.
- He refutes attempts to dismiss the biblical account of the virgin birth as just another myth.
"We dare not trivialize or sentimentalize the persons and events surrounding the birth of Christ," Dr. MacArthur warns. "An authentic celebration of Christmas recognizes that the eternal, sovereign God came to earth as a human being to live a righteous life among His people and then to die as a perfect sacrifice to deliver from the wrath of God all who repent and belive."
Let God inject new life and meaning into your celebration of the coming of Christ as you use this simple volume to review what the Bible says about his birth.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John F. MacArthur
- About the Contributor(s) John MacArthur has served as pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, since 1969. His ministry of expository...
John MacArthur has served as pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, since 1969. His ministry of expository preaching is unparalleled in its breadth and influence. In more than five decades of ministry from the same pulpit, he has preached verse by verse through the entire New Testament and several key sections of the Old Testament. He is Chancellor of the Master’s University and Seminary, and can be heard daily on the Grace to You radio broadcast (carried on hundreds of radio stations worldwide). He has authored numerous bestselling books, including Twelve Ordinary Men and One Perfect Life.
For more details about John MacArthur and his Bible-teaching resources, contact Grace to You at 800-55-GRACE or gty.org.
- Publish Date10/08/2001
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.44 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)15.87 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $11.99