Global Soccer Mom: Changing the World Is Easier Than You Think
- Regular price
- Sale price
Women are the caretakers of the world. Yet global HIV and AIDS and extreme poverty can seem overwhelming. Even if these things break our mother’s hearts, how is a busy, full-time mom to get engaged and make a difference? Global Soccer Mom shows that everyday moms care deeply about these issues and long to engage the world in a meaningful way. Busy women everywhere will resonate with Shayne’s story as a mother of three who learned she could make a difference on the global level. Follow Shayne’s journey—sometimes humorous, sometimes poignant and learn how you can get involved too. Activist Shayne Moore knows the challenge of managing a home and the desire to make a difference for those who are suffering. As a full-time mom, she has journeyed from an insular suburban world into the arena of global advocacy, where she’s worked alongside media superstars to effect change. Using the power of story, she inspires women everywhere to start right where they are and make a real difference. Moore’s work has taken her far beyond her comfortable suburban home. She’s travelled to international summits and was featured in a commercial with Julia Roberts, George Clooney, and Matt Damon. She’s been interviewed by CNN, NBC, and The Wall Street Journal, and featured in a photo shoot in Vanity Fair’s “Africa” issue. You CAN make a difference. Real change starts right where you are.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Shayne Moore
- About the Contributor(s) Shayne Moore, MA is an author, speaker, mama of three, and outspoken advocate in the fight against extreme poverty and...Shayne Moore, MA is an author, speaker, mama of three, and outspoken advocate in the fight against extreme poverty and Global AIDS. Shayne is one of the original members of the ONE Campaign, The Campaign to Make Poverty History. www.one.org. Moore sits on the executive board of directors for Upendo Village, an HIV/AIDS clinic in Kenya. www.upendovillage.org and on the board of directors for Growers First, which empowers rural farmers in the developing world. www.GrowersFirst.org Shayne has written for ONE's blog, Christianity Today's Gifted for Leadership, and pens a column in the magazine, FullFill. Check out her personal blog at ww.GlobalSoccerMom.com. Shayne is a member of Redbud Writers Guild. www.RedbudWritersGuild.com. show more
- Publish Date01/04/2011
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.