Friendship 911 Collection: My friend is struggling with.. Divorce of Parents
- Regular price
- Sale price
When fifteen-year-old Jessica Ingram hears those words she knows she will never be the same. Suddenly her family-and her emotions-are in pieces. She feels as though her whole world is coming apart.
Do you know any students like Jessica who are facing the separation or divorce of parents? What can you say or do to help? What do they need most right now? Perhaps more than any time in their lives they need a "911 friend"-a friend who "…is always loyal and a brother [and sister who] is born to help in time of need" (Prov. 17:17).
Through the aid of a gripping true-to-life story, Josh McDowell along with Ed Stewart offers biblical insights and practical instruction on what your friend can do when faced with the break-up of a home. But more importantly, you will discover how to become a true source of comfort, encouragement, and support to him or her during the ordeal. This book is designed for you to read first and then give to your friend.
And if you are that person faced with your parent's divorce, you will learn what to expect in the weeks and months ahead. But more than that, you will discover how to experience the comfort, encouragement and support you need from both God and a friend-most likely the friend who gave you this book.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Josh McDowell , Ed Stewart
- About the Contributor(s) As a young man, Josh McDowell considered himself an agnostic. He truly believed that Christianity was worthless. However, when challenged...
As a young man, Josh McDowell considered himself an agnostic. He truly believed that Christianity was worthless. However, when challenged to intellectually examine the claims of Christianity, Josh discovered compelling and overwhelming evidence for the reliability of the Christian faith. After trusting in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, Josh’s life changed dramatically as he experienced the power of God’s love. After his conversion, Josh committed his life to telling a doubting world about the truth of Jesus Christ. After studying at Kellogg College, Josh completed his college degree at Wheaton College and then attended Talbot Theological Seminary, graduating magna cum laude with a Masters of Divinity. Working with Campus Crusade for Christ and founding the youth outreach, Josh McDowell Ministry, Josh has shared the gospel with more than 25 million people in 125 countries. He is the author or co-author of 147 books.
Veteran writer Ed Stewart is the author or co-author of numerous Christian books. He began writing fiction for youth as a co-author with Josh McDowell. He has since authored four suspense novels for adults. Ed and his wife, Carol, live in Hillsboro, Oregon. show more
- Publish Date07/18/2000
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.16 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)16.09 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.0(w) x 0.18(d) inches
- Price $5.59
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.