Forgiving the Dead Man Walking: Only One Woman Can Tell the Entire Story
- Regular price
- Sale price
It was just another time of enjoying milkshakes and small talk. Neither Debbie Cuevas nor her boyfriend, Mark Brewster, gave much thought to the white pickup truck that had pulled up beside them on the riverfront. Until . . . a revolver thrust through the driver’s window . . . a hand jerked Debbie’s head back and a voice said, "Don’t do anything stupid" . . . and a quiet Friday evening abruptly became a nightmare. For the first time, here is the untold other half of Dead Man Walking, the movie that depicted killer Robert Willie’s death-row relationship with spiritual advisor Helen Prejean. Now the woman whose testimony helped send Willie to the electric chair tells her side of the story--the side America hasn’t heard. In gripping detail, Debbie Morris--formerly Debbie Cuevas--recounts her hours of terror . . . and her years of walking an agonizing road back to wholeness. More than a riveting narrative, here is an incredible tale of courage, faith, and forgiveness. In a world where all of us struggle sooner or later with unforgiveness, Debbie Morris is a living testimony to the grace we long for: grace that shines more brightly than we dare believe, bright enough to triumph over the darkest evil.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Debbie Morris , Gregg Lewis
- About the Contributor(s) Debbie Morris is currently a public school special education teacher with a particular concern for troubled students considered at-risk for...Debbie Morris is currently a public school special education teacher with a particular concern for troubled students considered at-risk for future involvement in violence and crime. She and her husband live with their two children in Tennessee.
Gregg Lewis is an award-winning author and coauthor of more than fifty books, including Gifted Hands, The Ben Carson Story, Take the Risk and The Big Picture.show more
- Publish Date08/10/2000
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.68 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.37 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $11.19
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.