Fit For A King: The Elvis Presley Cookbook
- Regular price
- Sale price
Kitty Dolan recalls a visit with Elvis in Killeen, Texas, right after his mother's death. "We drove in Elvis's white Cadillac to the house they had rented from Judge Crawford. . . .That night we sat down to dinner, with Elvis at one end of the table and his father at the other. Then his grandmother. There was a big platter of white bread for sandwich makings and a big platter of southern baked beans. Theat was topped off with a delicious pie his Grandmammy had baked. Elvis looked at me with a shy, little smile and said, 'I hope you like our southern cooking.'"
Elvis Presley liked traditional southern cooking. In Fit for a King™ are more then 300 recipes for the foods Elvis enjoyed, including many from his longtime cook Alvena Roy. Also included are menus for meals served at Graceland, for Elvis and Priscilla's wedding reception, for the Beatles' visit, and for Christmas in Memphis.
The memories Elvis's friends have of mealtimes with him at Graceland depict him as a thoughtful, considerate, and fun-loving person. Many of the seventy photographs are published here for the first time.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Elizabeth McKeon , Ralph Gevirtz , Julie Bandy
- About the Contributor(s) Elizabeth McKeon is co-author of Fit for a King: The Elvis Presley Cookbook and The Quotable King and author of...Elizabeth McKeon is co-author of Fit for a King: The Elvis Presley Cookbook and The Quotable King and author of Elvis in Hollywood. show more
- Publish Date04/07/2001
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.9 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.58 lb
- Dimensions 9.13(h) x 6.63(w) x 0.7(d) inches
- Price $11.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.