- Regular price
- Sale price
A new commentary for today's world, The Story of God Bible Commentary explains and illuminates each passage of Scripture in light of the Bible’s grand story. The first commentary series to do so, SGBC offers a clear and compelling exposition of biblical texts, guiding everyday readers in how to creatively and faithfully live out the Bible in their own contexts. Its story-centric approach is ideal for pastors, students, Sunday school teachers, and laypeople alike.
Three easy-to-use sections designed to help readers live out God’s story:
- LISTEN to the Story: Includes complete NIV text with references to other texts at work in each passage, encouraging the reader to hear it within the Bible’s grand story
- EXPLAIN the Story: Explores and illuminates each text as embedded in its canonical and historical setting
- LIVE the Story: Reflects on how each text can be lived today and includes contemporary stories and illustrations to aid preachers, teachers, and students
Praise for SGBC:
“The easy-to-use format and practical guidance brings God’s grand story to modern-day life so anyone can understand how it applies today.”—Andy Stanley
“Opens up the biblical story in ways that move us to act.”—Darrell L. Bock
“It makes the text sing and helps us hear the story afresh.”—John Ortberg
“This commentary breaks new ground.”—Craig L. BlombergRead Less
- Contributor(s)Mark D. Roberts , Scot McKnight
- About the Contributor(s) Mark D. Roberts (PhD, Harvard University) is executive director of the Max De Pree Center for Leadership at Fuller Seminary....
Mark D. Roberts (PhD, Harvard University) is executive director of the Max De Pree Center for Leadership at Fuller Seminary. Previously, he was senior director of Laity Lodge and senior pastor of Irvine Presbyterian Church in Southern California. He studied at Harvard University, where he received a PhD in New Testament and Christian Origins. He has written several books, including his most recent: Can We Trust the Gospels? (Crossway, 2007).
Scot McKnight (PhD, Nottingham) is the Julius R. Mantey Professor of New Testament at Northern Seminary in Lisle, Illinois. He is the author of more than fifty books, including the award-winning The Jesus Creed as well as The King Jesus Gospel, A Fellowship of Differents, One.Life, The Blue Parakeet, and Kingdom Conspiracy.
- Publish Date11/29/2016
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Story of God Bible Commentary
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.15 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.22 lb
- Dimensions 9.3(h) x 6.2(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $22.49