Elegant Comfort Food from Dorset Inn: Traditional Cooking from Vermont's Oldest Continuously Operating Inn
- Regular price
- Sale price
"We see Sissy Hicks as the Alice Waters of Vermont," says Michael Stern" - relying on local farmers and greengrocers, cooking meals that reflect the seasons, and creating a menu that is at once respectful of tradition and yet always surprising. . . . This cookbook is one that cooks will turn to for ideas for Sunday dinners, company's-coming meals, candlelight suppers, and leisurely family breakfasts on a weekend morning. And it will be a book that readers will want to curl up with by the fire on a winter's evening."
The Dorset Inn, a special-occasion extraordinarily romantic restaurant, is a destination for those who go through southern Vermont to ski and sightsee. People honeymoon here, have anniversary meals here, and come to the Dorset Inn to get away from it all.
The Dorset Inn is a place rich with historical association with the very beginnings of America and American cooking. It was on the Dorset Village Green that the Green Mountain Boys prepared for battle in the Revolutionary War and just down the road is Arlington, where Norman Rockwell created his most beloved paintings.
Elegant Comfort Food from the Dorset Inn not only celebrates the history of the inn and the spirit of America found in New England. It also is a practical cookbook containing recipes founded on a tradition of hearty portions, clarity of flavors, and transformation of leftovers into glorious meals, but refined and elevated.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jane Stern , Michael Stern , Sissy Hicks
- About the Contributor(s) Jane Stern was raised in New York City and southern Arizona, learning to love both hot pastrami sandwiches and bordertown...Jane Stern was raised in New York City and southern Arizona, learning to love both hot pastrami sandwiches and bordertown chimichangas. She met Michael Stern when they were graduate students at Yale University, at which point the couple set out on a lifelong quest to find the best American food and to write about it.
Michael Stern was raised at a Heartland table of square meals. The Sterns’ monthly “Roadfood” column in Gourmet magazine has earned them three James Beard Awards for journalism. They are heard weekly on Public Radio's The Splendid Table. show more
- Publish Date02/17/2010
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $5.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.