Devotional Classics: Revised Edition: Selected Readings for Individuals and Groups
- Regular price
- Sale price
Updated to incorporate all six traditions or “streams” that comprise a healthy and holistic life of faith, these fifty-two selections have been organized to introduce the reader to the great devotional writers through the course of one year. Edited by James Smith, each reading is accompanied by an introduction and meditation by Richard Foster. In addition, each entry also includes a related biblical passage, discussion questions, and individual and group exercises. With devotional readings in: 1) the Prayer-filled life 2) the Virtuous life 3) the Spirit-Empowered life 4) the Compassionate life 5) the Word-centered life 6) the Sacramental life, Foster and Smith sift through the great spiritual writers of the past as well as contemporary readings from some of our new spiritual leaders to form a guide that is indispensable to those looking for a deeper and more balanced spiritual life. Devotional Classics features readings from: Augustine of Hippo, Blaise Pascal, Francis of Assisi, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Julian of Norwich, Martin Luther, Soren Kierkegaard, Annie Dillard, Thomas Merton, Kathleen Norris, Dallas Willard, John Calvin, and many more.Read Less
- Publish Date06/28/2005
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.15 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.02 lb
- Dimensions 9.2(h) x 7.3(w) x 1.1(d) inches
- Price $11.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.