Desire: The Journey We Must Take to Find the Life God Offers
- Regular price
- Sale price
Can we find a life filled with passion, without being overwhelmed by it?
In this groundbreaking book, John Eldredge invites readers to acknowledge the significance of desire, abandon resignation, and embark on an adventure he calls “our heart’s most important journey.” Eldredge writes, “There is a secret set within each of our hearts. It is the desire for life as it was meant to be.” Yet how do we uncover our desires and learn to decipher them? As Eldredge says, “We all share the same dilemma—we long for life and we’re not sure where to find it. We wonder if we ever do find it, can we make it last? . . . We must journey to find the life we prize. And the guide we have been given is the desire set deep within, the desire we often overlook or mistake for something else or even choose to ignore. The greatest human tragedy is to give up the search.”
Many good people have been told that the path to a holy life requires us to kill our hearts’ desires. And call it sanctification.
But in this re-release of one of Eldredge’s most inspiring works, we discover that God is the author of our deepest desires. He has given us desire, and he loves to fulfill our hearts’ desires. For as the Psalms declare, “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart” (37:4).
God is calling to you through the desires of your heart.
How you respond will set the course for the rest of your life.
“[Desire] is a profound and winsome call to walk into the heart of God and hear Him sing to your soul about His love. In a world of frenzy and clamor about desire, we often miss the ache that lifts our face to look into His eyes. This book will stir your heart and invite you to know the one desire that captures all passion for His purpose. Drink in this work, and your life will not be the same.”
Dan Allender, Author, The Healing Path
- Contributor(s)John Eldredge
- About the Contributor(s) John Eldredge is a bestselling author, a counselor, and a teacher. He is also president of Ransomed Heart, a ministry...
John Eldredge is a bestselling author, a counselor, and a teacher. He is also president of Ransomed Heart, a ministry devoted to helping people discover the heart of God, recover their own hearts in God’s love, and learn to live in God’s kingdom. John and his wife, Stasi, live near Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Publish Date10/16/2007
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.48 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.3 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $11.19
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.