Daniel: Faith Under Pressure
- Regular price
- Sale price
If you want to move from the biblical text to contemporary life on solid ground, this series has been written for you. The Bringing the Bible to Life series, a companion to Zondervan’s NIV Application Commentary, is intended to bring both the historical meaning of the biblical text and its contemporary significance. Each guide provides an introduction to the biblical book, six to twelve sessions with discussion questions, and a closing section that assists the group in responding to God’s Word together or individually. The included Leader’s Guide helps busy people prepare to lead the study. Sessions on Daniel include: • Who’s in Charge? • True Wisdom • Saving Power • Pride Goes Before a Fall • Weighing In • Prevailing Law • The Horror of Human Evil • How Long, Lord? • How Then Shall We Pray? • A Great WarRead Less
- Contributor(s)Tremper Longman III , Janet Nygren , Karen H. Jobes
- About the Contributor(s) Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in...
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is on the advisory council of the BioLogos Foundation, and is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament, and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
Janet Nygren is currently the Women’s Ministry Coordinator for the Princeton Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Princeton, NJ.
Karen H. Jobes (PhD, Westminister Theological Seminary) is the Gerald F. Hawthorne Professor Emerita of New Testament Greek and Exegesis at Wheaton College and Graduate school in Wheaton, Illinois. The author of several works, she has also been involved in the NIV Bible translation. She and her husband, Forrest, live in Philadelphia and are members of an Evangelical Presbyterian Church.show more
- Publish Date02/09/2010
- Series Bringing the Bible to Life
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.42 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)18.53 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.25(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.