Creative Writing for People Who Can't not Write
- Regular price
- Sale price
Crammed with crucial facts, ideas, and warnings never before brought together into clear focus, this guide is not only fun to read, but also work-boots practical. Not only inspiring, but pinch-penny accurate. Not only optimistic, but report-card candid. Not only kindly, but tattle-tale frank. It is an energizing tonic for writers' weary brain cells. Every writer is important. Creative Writing for People Who Can't Not Write is a book for every writer. Topics in this lively blend of advice, inspiration, and scholarly wit include: - the wonder of creativity - getting published, paid, and read - why writing should be impossible - how to avoid looking foolish in print - a sugar-coated history of the whimsical, word-rich English language - the nature of poetry - the sixteen writer-type temperaments - reflections from contemporary writers on their work - a first-ever collation of pages of advice from C.S. Lewis. Lewis once wrote to Lindskoog, "If you understand me so well, you will understand other authors, too." Writers who read Creative Writing for People Who Can't Not Write will agree with Lewis' assessment of Kathryn Lindskoog's insight into the writing life. And this book also passes Lindskoog's own test: "A good writer is a graceful guest in a reader's brain."Read Less
- Contributor(s)Kathryn Lindskoog
- About the Contributor(s) Kathryn Lindskoog was an accomplished teacher of writing who published all her adult life in a variety of magazines and...Kathryn Lindskoog was an accomplished teacher of writing who published all her adult life in a variety of magazines and journals and taught at several institutions, including Rancho Santiago College, Biola University, and Fuller Theological Seminary. She was the author of many books, among them The C.S. Lewis Hoax, How to Grow a Young Reader, C.S. Lewis: Mere Christian, The Gift of Dreams, and The Lion of Judah in Never-Never Land. show more
- Publish Date08/23/1989
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.97 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)33.8 lb
- Dimensions 9.13(h) x 6.06(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $17.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.