Comentario al evangelio de Marcos
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Gospel of Mark is an essential text for understanding Christianity, because it presents the historical events of the Messianic Jesus, the source of the first theology based on the life of Christ; and its foundational points correspond directly to the accounts of Matthew and Luke, and indirectly to that of John.
“Convinced of this,” says the author, “I have written thinking not only of the catechists, pastors and missionaries, but also of Protestants and Catholics alike, all who want a deeper and better understanding of the Gospel of Mark in order to preach and present it in a didactic way in any community; but also for anyone who wants to discover the Christianity in the ‘life and work’ of Jesus according to Mark, and live it out on a personal level.”
This work begins with an extensive introduction that summarizes the Gospel in an easy to understand way, followed by a detailed commentary on the text, chapter by chapter, verse by verse, based directly on the Greek text of the author’s own translation based on the Aland edition of the Greek New Testament published by the United Bible Societies.
This is not a work of pure exegesis using the historical-critical method; neither is this merely an inspirational commentary. This book is intended for teaching and pastoral uses, which means that without setting aside the value of the best scientific exegesis, both from Protestant and Catholic sources, the author has focused on the priorities of a teacher. For this reason, he has purposely included a variety of outlines and tables, as well as explanatory texts inserted into the text itself or listed at the end of the various sections, serving as summaries, which to help trace connections to themes of current interest.
An elaborate index by subject listed in order of appearance in the Gospel text, alphabetically and by subject, is included to facilitate a vision that coordinates the thought, themes and theology of Mark, in relationship to a variety of specific subjects.
With a pastoral and didactic purpose in mind, the author addresses readers who are committed believers, interested in the Christian adventure that Mark presented to the early Church and desirous of applying it in the context of their own personal lives and duties as Christians.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Xabier Pikaza Ibarrondo
- About the Contributor(s) Xabier Pikaza Ibarrondo, religioso de la «Orden de la Merced», nació en el País Vasco (Orozko, Vizcaya, 1941). Es profesor...Xabier Pikaza Ibarrondo, religioso de la «Orden de la Merced», nació en el País Vasco (Orozko, Vizcaya, 1941). Es profesor de la Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca, donde imparte clases de «Historia de las Religiones» y «Teodicea». Licenciado en Sagrada Escritura, es Doctor en Filosofía y Teología. Colaborador de varias revistas de índole teológica y cultural. Ha desempeñado funciones docentes en diferentes universidades europeas y americanas show more
- Publish Date10/29/2013
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)2.52 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.24 lb
- Dimensions 9.3(h) x 6.3(w) x 1.6(d) inches
- Price $27.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.