Charts of Christian Ethics
Craig Vincent Mitchell
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders over $30 in Continental US
In the twenty-first century, Christian individuals and institutions routinely face ethical choices not imagined fifty years ago, with little ethica... Read More
In the twenty-first century, Christian individuals and institutions routinely face ethical choices not imagined fifty years ago, with little ethical mooring in the surrounding culture to guide us. Thus, Christian ethics is an important field of study for the student, pastor, or concerned layperson. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most complicated of all the Christian academic disciplines, entailing numerous approaches and having roots in both philosophy and theology. Charts of Christian Ethics provides a wealth of valuable information, laid out in an accessible visual format, to help the student of ethics navigate and comprehend this complex field of study. It provides an outline for Christian ethics, explaining some of the major ideas and approaches. It is divided into five major sections: • Philosophical Foundations of Ethics (including logic, metaphysics, and epistemology) • Approaches to Ethics (metaethics, normative ethics, and applied ethics) • Biblical Foundations of Christian Ethics (hermeneutics, ethics in the Old Testament, and ethics in the New Testament) • Theological Foundations of Christian Ethics (including God, creation, man, and the church) • History of Ethics (including the premodern, modern, and postmodern eras) Containing more than 100 charts, this volume is a useful tool for classroom use, individual study, and as a handy reference. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Craig Vincent Mitchell
- About the Contributor(s) Craig Vincent Mitchell holds a PhD in Christian ethics and philosophy of religion. He is assistant professor of Christian ethics...Craig Vincent Mitchell holds a PhD in Christian ethics and philosophy of religion. He is assistant professor of Christian ethics at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas, and a research fellow with the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention. Previously, he has served as an adjunct professor of philosophy and ethics at Tarrant County and Weatherford Colleges. show more
- Publish Date02/23/2006
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series ZondervanCharts
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.9 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.29 lb
- Dimensions 11.0(h) x 8.63(w) x 0.38(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $16.09
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.