Charles Stanley's Handbook for Christian Living: Biblical Answers to Life's Tough Questions
- Regular price
- Sale price
Since life is a journey, feel free to stop and ask for directions. Previously released as the bestselling The Glorious Journey, this practical volume by Charles Stanley shows readers how to put God's Word to work in their daily lives with this easy-to-apply handbook.
As believers, our desire is to follow the Lord more closely and to utilize His Word for maximum impact in our lives. Occasionally, however, we find ourselves not even knowing the questions to ask, or the best way to approach Scripture in search of answers.
Charles F. Stanley's Handbook for Christian Living is not a lofty theological work, nor is it an academic commentary. Instead, Dr. Stanley has prepared a friendly, easy-to-use help system for every believer. In this collection, he speaks with authority on such issues as:
- the real purpose of baptism
- how to treat others at work
- a proper view of those in government
- how grace saves us and how worry robs us
- what freedom reallly is
He also shares biblical insight into relationships, children, parenting, loneliness, sexual pressures, as well as strategies for personal growth. From the thorny issues of daily life to a framework for the end times (and everything in between), Charles F. Stanley's Handbook for Christian brings Scripture to life, makes sense of the hard questions, and enhances your understanding of the way life was meant to be lived.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Charles F. Stanley
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Charles Stanley is senior pastor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta, where he has served for more...
Dr. Charles Stanley is senior pastor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta, where he has served for more than 40 years. He is a New York Times bestselling author who has written more than 60 books, including the bestselling devotional Every Day in His Presence. Dr. Stanley is the founder of In Touch Ministries. The In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley program is transmitted throughout the world on more than 1,200 radio outlets and 130 television stations/networks, and in language projects in more than 50 languages. The award-winning In Touch devotional magazine is printed in four languages with more than 12 million copies each year. Dr. Stanley’s goal is best represented by Acts 20:24: “Life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about God's mighty kindness and love.” This is because, as he says, “It is the Word of God and the work of God that changes people’s lives.
- Publish Date10/14/2008
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.6 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)19.21 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 7.63(w) x 1.13(d) inches
- Price $16.09
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.