Center of The Storm
- Regular price
- Sale price
The battle for the White House following the election of November 7, 2000, was arguably one of the biggest controversies in U.S. history. And one woman stood at the center of the storm-Katherine Harris, Florida's secretary of state.
As the Florida recount unfolded in a maze of bizarre events, Harris was faced with the challenge of a lifetime. What enabled her to maintain her integrity, stick by her guns, and hold true to her principles? Here she tells all.
In Center of the Storm, Harris discusess the behind-the-scenes negotiations and backroom bartering that everyone suspected, but no one dared disclose. Through never-told-before anecdotes, she reveals seventeen essential skills that helped her not just survive but thrive. She clearly illustrates how we, too, can learn these skills that will help us in times of crises.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Katherine Harris
- About the Contributor(s) A former IBM marketing executive and vice president of a commercial real estate firm, Katherine Harris is currently serving as...A former IBM marketing executive and vice president of a commercial real estate firm, Katherine Harris is currently serving as Florida's 23rd Secretary of State. Secretary Harris co-chaired President George W. Bush's presidential campaign in Florida, playing a pivotal role in the election. Prior to her own election Katherine Harris served in the Florida Senate for four years. A lifelong supporter of the arts, Katherine Harris earned degrees from Agnes Scott College and Harvard University. She is married to Anders Ebbeson and has a 17 year old daughter, Louise. show more
- Publish Date09/30/2008
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.83 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)29.84 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.77(d) inches
- Price $11.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.