Bringing Jesus to the Desert
- Regular price
- Sale price
This Zondervan ebook sketches out the rise of the great Desert Fathers and Mothers of the 3rd - 6th centuries, and then shares the stories and sayings of five of their greatest leaders. It will instill wisdom in the everyday lives of modern Christians through the storytelling of great monastic biographies taken from Egypt, Palestine and Syria. This book is written so that common Christians can follow the lives and teachings of the Desert Fathers and Mothers as a contemporary guides to the spiritual life. It applies the timeless principles of their lives without advocating for their particular lifestyles in the desert. Desert disciples from the 3rd to 6th centuries will be our compelling models of Christian living by inspiring us to live to our fullest potential through their moving stories and timeless teachings. Their tender stories and colorful sayings offer key insights for living in the heart of the urban desert today.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Brad Nassif , Gary M. Burge
- About the Contributor(s) Bradley Nassif (PhD, Fordham University) is a professor of Biblical & Theological Studies at North Park University, Chicago, IL. He...Bradley Nassif (PhD, Fordham University) is a professor of Biblical & Theological Studies at North Park University, Chicago, IL. He is the co-editor of The Philokalia: Exploring a Classic Text of Orthodox Spirituality and general editor of New Perspectives on Historical Theology: Essays in Memory of John Meyendorff.
Gary M. Burge (PhD, King's College, Aberdeen University) is visiting professor of New Testament at Calvin Theological Seminary. Gary has authored a number of books, including Who Are God’s People in the Middle East? What Christians Are Not Being Told About Israel and the Palestinians; John and Letters of John in the NIV Application Commentary series; The New Testament in Antiquity (coauthored with Gene Green); and the first three volumes in the Ancient Context, Ancient Faith series: The Bible and the Land, Jesus, the Middle Eastern Storyteller, and Encounters with Jesus. Gary specializes in the Middle East, its churches, and its history in the Hellenistic period.show more
- Publish Date02/10/2012
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series Ancient Context, Ancient Faith
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $5.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.