Big Fat Liars: How Politicians, Corporations, and the Media use Science and Statistics To Manipulate the Public
Morris E. Chafetz
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders over $30 in Continental US
These days, you can't turn on a television without hearing that you're probably fat, engaged in unhealthy behavior, failing to get sufficient exerc... Read More
These days, you can't turn on a television without hearing that you're probably fat, engaged in unhealthy behavior, failing to get sufficient exercise, destroying the environment through the use of practically every product that makes your life more convenient, and likely to fall victim to just about everything and everyone around you. But not only are the statistics that prove these points based on false information, much of our national dialogue is dictated by this patently bad science-encouraged solely by public and private organizations that leverage these demonstrably untrue facts to bolster their own philosophies and fatten their own pocketbooks. With mounds of solid evidence that contradicts common thought, Morris Chafetz shows the lies behind the facts about today's big issues (for instance, the "obesity epidemic" we hear so much about is the result not of a fatter population but instead a change in bookkeeping in a federal agency, and the evidence used now to frighten us about "global warming" was used a generation ago to frighten us about "global cooling") and encourages readers to look through the money-motivated façade of statistics and government controls and return to a strong attitude of personal responsibility. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Morris E. Chafetz
- About the Contributor(s) Morris Chafetz, who has spent decades observing science, government, the legal system, and the media, is the president of the...Morris Chafetz, who has spent decades observing science, government, the legal system, and the media, is the president of the Health Education Foundation, founder of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, and author of nearly 250 articles in professional journals and the popular press. He has served on numerous presidential commissions and has been professionally involved in public health and research fields for more than half a century. show more
- Publish Date08/31/2009
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $0.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.