Basics of Ancient Ugaritic: A Concise Grammar, Workbook, and Lexicon
- Regular price
- Sale price
Basics of Ancient Ugaritic is a teaching grammar of this ancient language, one of vital importance for understanding the wider world and culture surrounding the Old Testament text. It begins with the alphabet, and each new lesson builds on the ones before it. It is not, therefore, a synthetic Ugaritic grammar—these types of texts often prove to be overwhelming for students.
Instead, Basics of Ancient Ugaritic can be used for learning the language by individuals on their own or in a classroom setting. Each chapter concludes with a set of exercises allowing students to know whether they are grasping the fundamentals of the language.
In short, Basics of Ancient Ugaritic represents an ideal first text for entering the larger world of Semitic languages.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Michael Williams
- About the Contributor(s) Michael Williams (PhD, University of Pennsylvania) is Emeritus Senior Professor of Old Testament Studies at Calvin Theological Seminary, a member...
Michael Williams (PhD, University of Pennsylvania) is Emeritus Senior Professor of Old Testament Studies at Calvin Theological Seminary, a member of the NIV Committee on Bible Translation and the Chairman of the NIrV Committee. He is the author of Deception in Genesis, The Prophet and His Message, Basics of Ancient Ugaritic, The Biblical Hebrew Companion for Bible Software Users, How to Read the Bible through the Jesus Lens, Hidden Prophets of the Bible and is editor and contributor of Mishneh Todah. His passion is to equip students with knowledge of the Old Testament and its languages so that they may grow in their comprehension and appreciation of redemptive history and be adequately prepared to promote and defend the faith through word and action. Michael resides in Grand Rapids, MI, with his wife, Dawn.
- Publish Date11/20/2012
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.82 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.6 lb
- Dimensions 11.0(h) x 8.56(w) x 0.38(d) inches
- Price $34.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.