Barrier-Free Friendships: Bridging the Distance Between You and Friends with Disabilities
- Regular price
- Sale price
Each of us knows someone who is hearing, visually, or mentally impaired, or physically disabled. Millions more suffer from invisible disabilities that can be just as devastating. Writing from her own experience as a person with a disability Joni Eareckson Tada joins with her fellow disability advocate, Steve Jensen, to share how you can overcome obstacles that have kept you from becoming friends with those who may be limited by their bodies or their circumstances. Joni shows you how to build mutually fulfilling relationships based on insights into how Jesus related to individuals with disabilities. She also offers story after story of the hope and joy of those who've crossed the barriers, from either direction, and found a lifetime of friends.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Joni Eareckson Tada , Steve Jensen
- About the Contributor(s) Joni Eareckson Tada is CEO of Joni and Friends, an organization that accelerates Christian outreach in the disability community. Joni...
Joni Eareckson Tada is CEO of Joni and Friends, an organization that accelerates Christian outreach in the disability community. Joni and Friends provides practical support and spiritual help to special-needs families worldwide, and equips thousands of churches in developing disability ministry. Joni is the author of numerous bestselling books, including When God Weeps, Diamonds in the Dust, A Step Further, winner of the Gold Medallion Award, and her latest award-winning devotional A Spectacle of Glory. Joni and her husband, Ken, have been married for 35 years. For more information on Joni and Friends, visit www.joniandfriends.org
Steve Jensen serves as director of outreach for JAF ministries and is the author of The Disability Awareness Study Guide. He cofounded the Christian Council on Persons with Disabilities and served as executive director of the Christian League for the Handicapped. He and his wife, Andrea, live with their three children in Williams Bay, WI. show more
- Publish Date03/29/1997
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.36 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)7.19 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.25(w) x 0.4(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.