A Tour Guide to the Civil War, Fourth Edition: The Complete State-by-State Guide to Battlegrounds, Landmarks, Museums, Relics, and Sites
- Regular price
- Sale price
A complete, easy-to-read guide to Civil War points of interest.
This fourth edition of the classic A Tour Guide to the Civil War has been fully revised and brought up to date. An ideal travel companion and short course in Civil War history, it provides fascinating details about the battles, events, people, and places associated with the Civil War in the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia. Illustrated with Civil War era engravings, it also contains maps for each state and provides detailed travel directions.
"A veritable treasure trove of facts, many of which have escaped prior attention because of their purely local nature or location off well-traveled highways. . . . This is an excellent work." ―American Reference Books Annual
"Parents will find it especially useful in teaching kids about Civil War history when taking a trip." ―The Midwest Book Review
"It should . . . be kept in the glove compartment of every tourist with an interest in American history." ―The Chicago Sun Times
"[It] has the predictable major listings, but the beauty of the book lies in its obscure citations." ―Southern Partisan
"This storehouse of information will be enthusiastically welcomed by Civil War buffs at home and on the road. . . . This volume is highly recommended." ―Library JournalRead Less
- Contributor(s)Alice Cromie
- Publish Date10/01/1992
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.94 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)28.18 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $13.29
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.