A Tangled Web
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders over $30 in Continental US
Perhaps Jane Peart's finest novel--the story of a young woman in the early 1900s who overcomes adversity by embracing faith Darcy Welburne has see... Read More
Perhaps Jane Peart’s finest novel--the story of a young woman in the early 1900s who overcomes adversity by embracing faith Darcy Welburne has seen enough of politics from the long line of judges in her family. So when Grady, her fiancé, tells her he is running for sheriff, she sets off to find the new freedom promised by the American West. She escapes to Juniper Junction, thinking a teaching job is waiting for her. When she discovers the position has already been filled, she resigns herself to becoming a Harvey Girl--a waitress at the chain of restaurants in the newly opened Arizona territory. Ashamed to tell her family that she is "just a waitress," she becomes a "marvel of make-believe," and, ignoring the pinches of her conscience, she embarks on an elaborate deception, sending home letters full of fictitious students, townspeople, and events recreated from the staff and diners of the Harvey House. Her life seems to be going well. She meets Ted, a handsome young architect. But then Grady shows up with a big group of politicians--including Teddy Roosevelt--and recognizes her. Darcy’s untruthfulness is revealed. She fights with Grady. She loses face before Ted. She has to return to her family and make things right. But through it all, her faith grows stronger and readers are assured that all will work out in the end. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jane Peart
- About the Contributor(s) Jane Peart was a best-selling novelist in both the secular and Christian markets. Her beloved Brides of Montclair Series is...Jane Peart was a best-selling novelist in both the secular and Christian markets. Her beloved Brides of Montclair Series is one of the longest continuous series on the market. She also published the American Quilts Series, and the Orphan Train Trilogy. show more
- Publish Date07/16/2010
- Series Westward Dreams
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $3.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.